Air fryer for french fries is a great solution for making crispy, delicious, and healthy French fries in your own kitchen. It is easy to use and clean saves time and no need for more oil to deep fry like traditional pan-frying.
But which one is the best air fryer for french fries? There are so many models out there with lots of features and brands behind them. It takes a long time to find the right model that suits all your needs the best. However, we are here to help you get some ideas of what’s best on the market right now.
The Top 6 Best Air Fryer For French Fries Reviews
1. Ninja AF161 Max XL Air Fryer
- The Ninja AF161, a typical basket-style air fryer, is one of the best models from Ninja.
- While most air fryers take longer to cook, this one boasts a ceramic-coated crisper plate that ensures your fries are precisely cooked. The 5.5-quart ceramic-coated basket can hold around 3 pounds of French fries.
- Air-frying, air-roasting, dehydrating, baking, reheating, broiling, and max crisping are all preset cooking options on the main unit. Using an easy-to-use control panel and digital countdown timer, they may all be accessible at any given moment.
2. Cuisinart TOA-65 Digital AirFryer Toaster Oven
- Cuisinart convection toaster oven air fryer makes it so simple to cook French fries precisely.
- At the same time, it has a high cooking capacity, enabling you to prepare 3 pounds of French fries at once.
- Fries aren’t the only thing on the menu; you can also get your fix of nuggets and wings. In addition to air frying, this toaster oven can bake, broil, roast, toast, reheat, warm, and dual-cook.
- Stainless steel construction and a specifically designed motor produce maximum heat airflow for flawlessly cooked food in this deep-fryer. Inside light and a huge viewing area let you monitor the progress of your fries.
3. COSORI Air Fryer Oven Combo 5.8QT
- Cosori has just released the CP358-AF Pro Air Fryer, its newest product. The digital control panel has been raised for better ergonomics and accessibility, although it retains many of the same settings as the original.
- In testing, we found the controls to be simple to use, and we like how customizable the shake reminder and default options were. Toasted muffins and croissants are made easier with the new toast setting.
- The basket was also a hit with us throughout our trials. As a result of the plate’s square design, even a whole chicken may fit in it with ease.
- It took less time to cook than in an oven. As a result, our meal was ready 10 minutes ahead of time. The broad basket distribution ensured that the fries were cooked uniformly, using just a little amount of oil.
4. Instant Pot Vortex 5.7QT Large Air Fryer
- The Instant Pot Vortex 5.7QT Large Air Fryer is an innovative kitchen appliance that is designed to make cooking easier. It offers a variety of functions such as air fry, broil, roast, and reheat, which allows you to cook a wide range of foods. The best part is that this appliance has programs for one-touch operations and it takes minutes from frozen to golden.
- It comes with a non-stick pan and basket that are easy to clean. You can use this appliance for frying chicken wings or making French fries without oil. In addition, you can use it for baking muffins, cakes, or even roasting vegetables without oil.
- The Instant Pot Vortex 5.7QT Large Air Fryer is designed to have a sleek design that makes it look great on your kitchen countertop. It has an LCD display panel that shows the temperature settings and cooking times so that you can easily monitor them while cooking. The indicator light lets you know when the machine is heating up or if there are any issues with its operation during the cooking process.
5. Ninja AF101 Air Fryer, 4 Qt, Black/gray
- In contrast to many other air fryer models, which might feel like they’re made of flimsy plastic that’s too hot to handle, this one is solid and small, and it seems like it’s built of high-quality materials.
- Our meal was cooked crisp and golden brown in this model, which is just the right size for cooking for two people. To make it seem less like a futuristic robot, it incorporates an easy-to-use, multi-purpose display.
- For a range of healthy snacks, you may use this technique to dehydrate items such as kale, apple slices, and other dry foods.
6. Proscenic T21 Air Fryer, XL 5.8 QT
- Preset settings for fish, vegetables, and even french fries may be controlled through a smart speaker or smartphone.
- For each meal, you may use an app to select a certain duration or mode for cooking, and you can follow the recipe in real-time. If you’re a newbie to air frying and want to get started with new recipes, the app comes with the air fryer.
- The use of remote controllers is a time-saving feature. When the Proscenic T21 Smart Air Fryer is preheated or finished cooking, you’ll get an alert. You may also turn on the keep warm option if you want to continue watching TV or if your side dishes haven’t finished cooking yet.
- The frying of the air was a success. It just took 15 minutes to prepare the fries and the breaded fish was crispy. Alternatively, a basket may be used to hold the tray and basket.
Choosing the correct air fryer might be a bit of a challenge since there are so many to choose from. This buyer’s guide will make it much simpler for you to make a choice on the best air fryer for French fries.
Air fryers may cost as little as $40 up to $500, depending on the model. As the price rises, so does the quality, as you may have guessed. The good news is that even if you’re on a tight budget, there are several affordable, high-quality solutions available.
A good rule of thumb is to buy an air fryer based on how much counter space you have and how many people you’ll be cooking for. Do you have a spacious kitchen? Choose a fryer on the bigger end of the scale.
What if you’ve got an apartment that’s too small for your needs? Choose a little item that won’t take up a lot of room. Are you preparing a meal for your family? The larger the better. Do you have a two-person party? Then you’ll need a smaller fryer.
Oven-style and basket-style air fryers are the two basic types of air fryers. Oven-style fryers often need more counter space because to their capacity for bigger amounts of food and additional functions.
As a result, basket-drawer-style fryers take up less space and need more hands-on attention throughout the frying process to ensure equal heat distribution.
Air fryers are available with either dial or digital controls. The most basic types include a temperature and timer dial that you twist to set the desired temperature and time.
As a result, a longer-lasting timer is likely to be advantageous.
On the other hand, digital controls contain buttons or a touchscreen with more precise timers, temperature measurements, and maybe even some pre-programmed settings. Look for models that are simple to use and comprehend before making a purchase.
Many new air fryers come equipped with a slew of useful extras. It’s possible to see your food cook in real time with certain models, such as those with transparent lids. You can save time and effort by using an automated device to turn or shake your French fries as they cook.
Is Air Fried Food Really Healthier?
Tips for the Best Air Fryer Fries
Work in groups. It’s critical that the potatoes in the air fryer basket be spread out in a single layer with some breathing room between each one. The air fryer won’t be able to crisp up the potatoes if they’re too crowded. If you don’t offer them enough space, you may have to work in batches. It takes me three batches of fries to fry 2 russet potatoes.
You’re not crispy yet, are you? Continue to prepare food! Depending on the kind of air fryer you have, you may need to adjust the cooking time. I suggest monitoring your first batch at the 12-minute point and modifying your time accordingly. If they aren’t crispy enough, keep frying them until they get that way.
Taste is more essential than look when it comes to cooking. Using an air fryer, I’ve noticed that my French fries seem to be done before they are. Each batch of fries should be tasted to ensure that they are both soft and crispy on the inside and outside.
When you’re done, throw them all in. Having to wait for some of the fries to complete frying is inevitable when working in batches. Take a look at the air fryer’s temperature setting and set it to 1 to 2 minutes, then put all the fries into the fryer at once (no worries about space). Fries from previous batches will be crisped up and reheated in a flash. Yum!
Exactly How Long Should I Cook My Air-Fried French Fries?
The cooking time for air fryer french fries is around 20 minutes.
Is It Possible To Omit The Step Of Soaking The Potatoes?
As long as you don’t soak your potatoes before frying, they will have a tougher difficulty crisping up since the starch they contain hasn’t been dissolved. In order to get a crispy exterior while maintaining a light, airy inside, potatoes must be allowed to release their starch.
Is Air Fryer As Good As Deep Fryer?
There’s little doubt that deep fryers are the best at deep frying. When it comes to taste and nutrition, an air fryer is better than a deep fryer, but it doesn’t come close. An air fryer, on the other hand, does not have the same impact on battered meals that a deep fryer does.
A well-known fact is that deep frying is probably not the healthiest way to prepare a meal. However, there are lots of delicious appetizers and snacks, like French fries and chips, that are impossible to do without. Now you can enjoy your favorite fried foods by air frying them with one of the best air fryers for french fries on the market.