Despite the fact that kitchen appliances make your life so much simpler, they take up a significant portion of your countertop. Toaster ovens can do more than toast our morning bagels; they can also melt cheese on an open-face sandwich, reheat a piece of pizza, or even roast chicken. Air frying has arrived, and it’s tempting us with the promise of crispy, crunchy dishes that don’t contain a lot of fat.
It’s not like there’s a shortage of things to keep track of, is there? If you’re looking for the best air fryer toaster oven, this is just what you’ve been looking for!
Accordingly, we sifted through hundreds of thousands of evaluations from actual customers who had the opportunity to test out the various air fryer toaster ovens. Among the best solutions we identified, eight have been highly praised by consumers and are consistently at the top of the list.
Are Air Fryer Toaster Oven Combos Worth It?
Despite their popularity, air fryers have the stigma of being a one-and-done kitchen item. Furthermore, they need a substantial amount of counter space. In appearance, air fryer toaster ovens resemble bigger versions of the conventional toaster oven, but they combine the features of a toaster oven, air fryer, and even a roaster in one appliance. It’s the perfect update if you already have a toaster oven on your kitchen counter.
Aside from that, the angular design makes it easier to slot into a corner and sit flat against your backsplash. Stainless steel is used in most of these combination machines, making them quite robust, while many single air fryers are made of slick plastic that might seem a little cheap. Is this another one? More food can fit in the air fryer-toaster ovens. A 12-inch pizza, four-plus pieces of bread, and an entire chicken can all fit in these models. As a result, you’ll be able to put supper on the table for the whole family in less time.
How We Selected Products
We set out to locate the best air fryer toaster oven out of the many available. Read the manufacturer’s description and evaluate the purposes of each product to choose which ones are worth your time and investment.
For these products, we grouped them into categories based on what we as home cooks look for in an appliance—size, space, usefulness, and affordability—and placed the air fryer toaster ovens in each category based on how well they fit in each area. For each countertop appliance, we compared it to comparable things on the market and then discovered what makes each one stand out from the others, whether it be its settings or accessories, or unique features. As the last step, we check out customer reviews to see whether other people are happy.
In the end, we came to a resolution after considerable deliberation. In our opinion, this is a top-notch selection of the year.
Best Air Fryer Toaster Oven: Cuisinart TOA-60
- This Cuisinart air fryer is among the best air fryer toaster ovens on the market. In other words, the fries and nuggets you make in it taste just as they did when they were seared in hot oil. Evenly toasted bread may be found. Because it’s so versatile, you’ll be able to get precisely what you’re looking for in terms of color—from barely colored to dark but not quite burned.
- The Cuisinart does not feature digital controls like other machines in this price range, but the rotary dials are simple to use. It’s higher than a regular toaster oven, but it’s not quite as broad. However, a normal cabinet can accommodate it.
- Cuisinart claims it can hold a four-pound chicken, as well as two pounds of fries and six pieces of bread. Dishwasher-lovers should be aware that all the components of the dishwasher must be hand-washed.
Best Value: BLACK+DECKER Crisp ‘N Bake Air Fry Toaster Oven
- The Black & Decker Crisp N’ Bake Air Fry Toaster Oven is a great option for anybody seeking an air fryer toaster oven that genuinely works at a reasonable price.
- A 12-inch pizza may fit in the air fryer toaster oven, despite the fact that it only has five functions. You’ll be able to cook a wide variety of foods in this Black & Decker appliance, which is both simple to operate and clean.
- In comparison to some other toaster ovens, this one utilizes just 1500 watts, yet it can still provide enough heat to cook everything you choose.
- Also, keep in mind that air fryers are constructed similarly to convection ovens, so you may cook anything that would benefit from convection in an air fryer. This air fryer toaster oven doesn’t have all the bells and whistles, but it performs the job well for a low price.
Best Large-Capacity: Breville BOV900BSS the Smart Oven Air Fryer Pro
- One of the best all-in-one cooking appliances on the market today, this equipment boasts six separate quartz heating elements for precise temperature control and the ability to cook a 14lb turkey, among other huge items.
- Customers searching for a flexible all-in-one kitchen solution will like the Breville smart air fryer toaster oven’s 13 preset culinary settings, which include choices for dehydrating, baking cookies, bagels, and toast, among other things.
- A 14-pound turkey is no problem for this oven, which has six separate quartz heating elements. In addition to broiling, these heating components are excellent for other jobs.
- Although the big maximum capacity was much appreciated, this model weighs a massive 40 pounds. It might take up to 20 minutes for the preheating element to achieve its maximum temperature of 480F. Our guide to the best compact toaster ovens includes even more possibilities if space is a concern.
Best Budget: Hamilton Beach 31323 Sure-Crisp Air Fry Toaster Oven
- There is a stainless steel finish on the Hamilton Beach Air Fryer Sure Crisp Toaster Oven. Compact and inexpensive, it’s perfect for toasting and reheating, but it’s not the best option when you need a second oven. It’s too little to bake an entire chicken, and it’s too small to roast one.
- In our tests, the other toaster oven air fryers outperformed this one in terms of browning and crisping food. Despite this, it costs around a fourth of what our winner did, making it an excellent deal.
- Three little dials govern this device, making it simple to use. However, the mechanical timer makes it difficult to set the time accurately, which might be a problem for baking.
- A temperature reading of 146.8°F was recorded on the handle of this unit’s glass door while it was running, which implies that you must wear protective clothing whenever you open or shut the door while it is running.
- The Hamilton Beach is the quietest toaster oven we tested, churning out toast at a whisper-quiet 50.4 decibels. The oven comes with a tiny roasting pan made of metal, which is easily stained and discolored. Hand washing is required for all of the extras. It’s not the handiest, but if you’re just getting into toaster ovens, it’s a fantastic first model.
Easiest to Use: Ninja DT251 Foodi 10-in-1 Smart XL Air Fry Oven
- When compared to other air fryers, the Ninja DT251’s convection power is ten times more. The toaster oven air fryer is a huge gadget that can cook a lot of food quickly for a large household.
- This 10-in-1 appliance has a crisper tray, grills, and a thermometer, as well as an air fryer and a toaster oven. You can make roasts, bagels, pizza, and more with its ten cooking options. It’s also dishwasher-safe. You can reheat and pre-heat food, as well as dehydrate it.
- In comparison to other kitchen gadgets, the Ninja DT251 Foodi air fryer and toaster oven can cook meals 30 percent quicker. A 5-pound chicken and veggies may be cooked on the bottom tray of the cooking chamber.
- The Ninja DT251 Foodi air fryer and toaster oven are so easy to use that you’ll adore them. Customizing your thermostat couldn’t be easier thanks to the control panel’s large, easily identifiable buttons. In addition, there is a backlit LCD display so that you can see exactly what temperature the heating element is at.
Best Air Fryer Toaster Oven with Accessories: COSORI CO130-AO
- You can save time, energy, and oil with the COSORI air fryer toaster oven. This all-in-one appliance, which costs the same as the top option, looks prettier and has a greater capacity. Using your smartphone as a remote control, you can prepare meals no matter where you are. It’s voice-controlled and works with Echo devices, making it easier than ever to prepare meals.
- If you buy this model, you may save up to 86% of the oil you would otherwise use in frying. When using this air fryer, certain meals don’t even need any oil at all. It’s true that you can fry, bake, grill, and roast without the use of any additional fat.
- Anyone who has never used an air fryer before would be well served by the COSORI, which is simple to use. Either a rotary knob or a set of function buttons may be used to operate it. Using one of these dials, you may change the temperature of the cooker from 180 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- This oven has enough capacity for a full supper, at around 32 quarts (e.g. a 6-pound whole chicken, 6 slices of toast, or a 13-inch pizza). In fact, it can handle two kinds of food at the same time, reducing the amount of time spent in the kitchen significantly. Put your meal in the basket, choose a function, and let the fryer do the rest of the work for you.
Instant Vortex Pro 10 Quart Air Fryer
- An excellent choice is the Instant Pot Vortex Pro Air Fryer. All of your desires may be satisfied in a healthy and time-saving manner thanks to this product! Toaster oven air fryers are great for tiny kitchen countertops because of their compact size.
- Cooking time is kept to a minimum, thanks to the product. You can cook quickly and efficiently because of the lack of need for lengthy preheating times. The stainless steel exterior is easy to clean with moist wipes and is fingerprint-resistant. It doesn’t need a lot of cleaning even if it’s used often since it doesn’t gather a lot of oil.
When shopping for an air fryer toaster oven, it’s critical to know how to get the most out of this multipurpose equipment. If you’re interested in learning more about these parameters, check out our purchasing guide.
The toaster oven’s capacity is measured in cubic feet. Allows you to prepare more meals at once, which reduces the amount of time spent in the kitchen. Keep in mind, however, that various items may need different cooking temperatures and times, making it impossible to prepare them all at the same time.
There are wattage ratings for toaster ovens, with the greater the rating, the faster and more efficient the food is cooked in them. High-wattage toaster ovens may seem enticing, but they’re usually more costly than ones with lesser wattages.
Controls for toaster ovens may be mechanical or computerized. When it comes to precisely controlling the temperature and timing of the cooking process, digital is the way to go. Mechanical dials may save you money if you don’t mind guessing or having an extra timer nearby.
In addition to the conventional temperature regulation, many air fryer toaster ovens come with preprogrammed cooking settings. These are useful for those who are just learning how to cook and aren’t sure what time or temperature to use.
Preset cooking choices vary from the basic five to 12 in certain versions, depending on the model.
Racks and Accessories
All toaster ovens should have a rack and a baking or broiling pan as a bare minimum. Toaster ovens often come with an air fryer basket or rack.
Baked goods may be safely cooked at high temperatures thanks to baskets that sit atop baking/broiling pans.
The air frying rack might be difficult to remove from the toaster oven to check on the food or to remove without spilling oil if a pan is put below it if the basket does not fit on the pan.
A rotisserie adapter and additional air fryer racks are available for various air fryer toaster ovens, and these racks may often be used for dehydrating as well.
FAQs about Air Fryer Toaster Oven
What is the best air fryer toaster oven?
An air fryer toaster oven that performs well in both air frying and toasting is the finest option. Choose a model with a large maximum capacity and high-quality, long-lasting components, such as stainless steel.
How to toaster oven to fry food?
Hot air circulates around your food as it cooks in an air fryer. If your toaster oven has a convection mode that circulates hot air quickly, you can air fried food.
Which air fryer vs. air fryer toaster oven is better?
An air fryer toaster oven is the perfect all-in-one kitchen device. A toaster oven with the convenience of an air fryer is an excellent addition to any home kitchen.
To sum up, air fryer toaster ovens may be a great help to those who want to prepare a wide variety of foods.
Just put your chicken, pizza, or cake inside, choose a cooking setting, and let it sit for a few minutes. You don’t have to constantly supervise the procedure, and you may cook great meals for your loved ones.
This article will help you select the best air fryer toaster oven consumer reports for your home.